About Counselling Internship
The Background of Counselling Internship
- Bachelor of Education of Guidance & Counselling is a program offered by the Psychology and Counselling Department, Faculty of Education and Human Development, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris.
- Specifically, this program aims to produce graduates who are competent and established in terms of knowledge and basic skills in the discipline of guidance and counselling. This program aims to enable students to contribute in the short-term and long-term efforts of improving the quality of life and well-being of individuals.
- Counsellor trainees undergoing internships at schools will be supervised by the supervising lecturer appointed by the Psychology and Counselling Department and will be guided by the adviser counsellor of the school.
- Counsellor trainees placed at a school are required to abide by the rules and ethics of the organization of the school such as working hours, dress code, etc.
- Counsellor trainees are required to undergo a total of 560 hours of internship and meet the 100 percent attendance.